It is the mission of the Plymouth Police Department to provide college students interested in the field of criminal justice a well-rounded educational experience.
APPLICATIONS NOW BEING ACCEPTED
The Plymouth Police Department offers a comprehensive internship program to college students who are interested in the field of Criminal Justice. The purpose of our internship program is to offer students the ability to experience, observe and learn what it means to be a police officer from various member of the Plymouth Police Department. As an intern, one can expect to work alongside an officer in the various division of the Plymouth Police Department to include: the Patrol Division, Criminal Investigations Division, the Prosecutor’s office and Parking.
It is the goal of the Plymouth Police Department to expose the intern to as much as possible to properly educate them in the field of criminal justice. The internship position at the Plymouth Police Department is a non-paid position and limited to one position in the fall semester; and one position in the spring semester. The application deadline is July 1st, 2023.
1) Must be at least 18 years of age;
2) Interested in a career in law enforcement or the criminal justice field;
3) Be drug-free and have no convictions of driving under the influence;
4) Have no domestic violence convictions;
5) Pass a background investigation, sign confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements;
Your application must contain the following in order to be considered:
1) Complete all fillable fields;
2) Upload a copy of your cover letter and resume;
3) A written sample in the specified location;
Please complete all the sections of the online application to include the required attachments. Failure to do so may affect the review and/or processing of your application. Once received, your application will be reviewed by members of the Police Department. When a position becomes available, an officer from the Police Department will contact the most qualified candidates to schedule an interview.